The Ultimate Green Lantern

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Doctor Whoooo OOH eh! Doctor Who. Doctor Whoooo OOH eh! The DVDS

Well getting these DVD’s was harder than expected. From now on I will only shop at the Future Shop, located at Yonge & 16th Avenue.

The Doctor Who series on DVD was suppose to come out on February 14, 2006, sadly that was not the case. None of the Future Shops that I had contacted received the DVDs. I figured it was just delayed, no biggie, I waited 5 months for them what’s another couple of days.

So everyday after the 14th, I called and asked if the DVDs had come in yet. My answer was no. That Friday, the 17th I was told that Future Shop was only getting 17 copies for all of Canada.

WHAT!!!!!!!

Well I had a gift card since mid December, (I could not get my money back so they gave me a gift card, which was fine because I knew I would use the card on the DVD set), and it is only good at Future Shop, I felt royally cheesed.

Future Shop’s slogan is “Get it Here FIRST!”

Well, my original inquiries from early December into waiting for the Doctor Who DVDs are as Follows:

(ME) Are you going to get the Doctor Who first series on DVD?

(FS) Yes we are.

(ME) Are you going to have a lot of copies?

(FS) Yes we will have a lot of copies, we normally do.

(ME) Will it come out on time?

(FS) Yes. We always get DVDs when they are released.

So I waited till now to use the gift card. But alas…

-No in getting the DVDs
-No in getting in a lot of copies
-No in getting the DVDs when they were released.

I certainly didn’t get it there first.

I was told to contact the Future Shop Customer service over the phone and explained my frustration. The woman on the phone said that was not their problem. So I casually explained to her the idea of “False Advertising”, you know “Get it Here FIRST!”, when “I DIDN’T GET IT AT ALL” & “I WON’T GET IT FROM THERE DUE TO EXTREMELY LIMITED QUANTITIES”.

So after a brief discussion with the Manager of Yonge & 16th Avenue store and the Future Shop Customer service people on the phone, we came to a compromise.

They would not refund me my money into cash, because it is against company policy, but I got them to put the money back onto my credit card.

I’m not sure what the difference is, but hey I could care less. I got my money back and I went to MUSIC WORLD and got the DVDs for $6 less than Future Shop.

I will still shop at Future Shop, but only if it is a necessity.

As for the DVDs, I have 13 episodes, at 44 minutes a piece. That’s what I’m doing on Sunday. A full day of DOCTOR WHO!!!! Over 10 hours of shows and DVD Extras.

Or an all nighter of DOCTOR WHO!!!!

Either way….

FANTASTIC!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home