FANEXPO 2006 REPORT: PART 1 – GEOFF JOHNS
Well it is that time of year again, that’s right, The biggest Comic Convention in Canada.
The FANEXPO at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
It was by far the BEST & WORST Convention I have been to.
Now don’t get me wrong I love going to these things, but when I have to HOOF it 20 minutes from the front door up and down hundreds of flights of stairs, by the time I get their, I’m pooped.
The show itself was pretty standard all the usual tables were their, Cyber City Comics, Big B Comics, The Silver Snail wing of the show, etc. The only reason I went their, this time was for ONE BIG THING.
GEOFF JOHNS.

He is the current writer for the Green Lantern series and he wrote “Green Lantern Rebirth”, the story which gave me back all my favourites.
Now I waited over an hour to meet him, and while my crew and I were waiting for him, (Thanks again Partfoop), who walks up behind me, Geoff firkin johns himself, he talked with us in line for 15 minutes while they were getting his table ready. The guy is solid, now I felt bad going up to him with over 50 books for him to sign, (HEY! I toned it down from 100, and Partfoop took a bunch for me), but he did it with a smile and we talked about his past projects when he asked me if I had that book which we were just talking about it. I said yes, and he told me to bring it out for him to sign. AT the end he gave my friends and I some Halloween M&M’s and he signed my saying, “EAT ME!!!”
That’s one hell of a nice guy.
The FANEXPO at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
It was by far the BEST & WORST Convention I have been to.
Now don’t get me wrong I love going to these things, but when I have to HOOF it 20 minutes from the front door up and down hundreds of flights of stairs, by the time I get their, I’m pooped.
The show itself was pretty standard all the usual tables were their, Cyber City Comics, Big B Comics, The Silver Snail wing of the show, etc. The only reason I went their, this time was for ONE BIG THING.
GEOFF JOHNS.

He is the current writer for the Green Lantern series and he wrote “Green Lantern Rebirth”, the story which gave me back all my favourites.
Now I waited over an hour to meet him, and while my crew and I were waiting for him, (Thanks again Partfoop), who walks up behind me, Geoff firkin johns himself, he talked with us in line for 15 minutes while they were getting his table ready. The guy is solid, now I felt bad going up to him with over 50 books for him to sign, (HEY! I toned it down from 100, and Partfoop took a bunch for me), but he did it with a smile and we talked about his past projects when he asked me if I had that book which we were just talking about it. I said yes, and he told me to bring it out for him to sign. AT the end he gave my friends and I some Halloween M&M’s and he signed my saying, “EAT ME!!!”
That’s one hell of a nice guy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home